Tuesday 20 August 2013

Desert Island Books - August Takeover Part 4

Welcome to Part 4 of Desert Island Books! Have you decided what your answers would be yet? Leave a comment below or tweet us - you never know you might have the same choice as one of our other bloggers (you'll have to fight them for it!)






The lovely Barmy Bex is with us today for her Desert Island Books - see what she has to say:


1. If you were stranded on a desert island for the summer and you were only allowed one book, which would you bring with you and why?
Well I'm going to cheat a little bit here, but it's technically one book! It would be my 'Chronicles of Narnia' by C.S. Lewis as it has all 7 books in one binding. I love those books, they are so magical and really make me fall in love with the whole world every time I read them. They would let me escape and forget my troubles and pass the days.


2. You discover that your favourite author has washed up ashore with you – who would it be (and why)?
Wow, that's a question! So many awesome authors I would love to meet. J.K Rowling would be a popular option, but I think I would actually say Malorie Blackman. She is such an incredible author, and of course is now the Children's Laureate and stands for so many amazing campaigns and initiatives, you can really tell that she cares about what she does. And I would love to talk to her about her writing. Noughts and Crosses is one of my all time favourite books.

3. What would be the ultimate question you’d love to ask them?
The ultimate question I would ask her would be, goodness this is a hard one... "What are your plans for the future?"

4. You see a boat in the distance coming to rescue you… Where would you want it to take you and why (it can be anywhere, real or fiction)?
If the boat picked me up, I think I would ask it to take me to Hogwarts. I would love to go there, walk the corridors, explore the classrooms, meet the characters, venture into the Forest, have a flying lesson and go to Hogsmead. Would be incredible. I'm still waiting for my acceptance letter...

Got any questions for Becky about her answers? Ask her here:

Her blog is http://beckysbarmybookblog.blogspot.com
Her twitter is @Barmy_Bex

No comments:

Post a Comment